Sunday, May 31, 2009

On My Mind

Melanie is constantly on my mind. Last night I bumped into Dina on the streets of Stamford. She was with Melanie the last time I saw her. It was so nice to have a random conversation about Melanie, to say things that I only keep repeating in my own head. I searched my home recently for things Melanie. After moving several times not a lot has made it to my new home but I did find a book from the shelves of the Jyoti yoga studio. When she decided to close the space she did what Melanie was good at, she gave. I took a few books. This one in particular not only had the Jyoti stamp in it, as well as her giving words "please return to jyoti so others may have the opportunity to share in this knowledge as well," but on the first page the book also was stamped "In Loving Memory of My Guru Roberta." Roberta, a pioneer of yoga in this area, also passed on before her time. I am comforted by the thought of the two of their souls reconvening, practicing and dancing. I am comforted by the thought of the two of them giggling about their new found knowledge of the secrets we all question and wonder, just what does happen when a soul is ready to move on. I say ready with confidence. Melanie, fearlessly, walking back into her home, must have already grasped the secret, heard the whisper, maybe somewhere deep in her breath.

1 comment:

xellacious said...

Melanie, you are in my thoughts and I feel you flying amongst us all. I hear your delightful giggle and see your bare feet that loved being shoeless all summer long. Your physical presence is missed. <3