Friday, May 29, 2009

I met Melanie at Yoga Source in 2001. I was trained in yoga by the same teacher Roberta Fortune Dale. Melanie was in the graduating group before me, so I didn't have a chance to know her intimately, however since she was part of the Yoga Source family, I got to be an acquaintance of hers. I was happy when she opened up Jyoti Yoga and had the opportunity to take a class with her. She created a cozy atmosphere in the room she taught and was gentle and caring in her approach. I remember around the time I met her maybe 2002 I went to a Halloween party and ran into her. She was dressed up as an exotic butterfly, very sparkly, cool over-the-top cosutme. The last time I saw her was at LA Fitness. I had a conversation with her about Jyoti Yoga and she said she was keeping the place but only cutting hair and doing massage. She seemed happy. I later learned through the grapevine that she had gotten married and that she was very content. I am so incredibly sad for an unexpected and tragic end to such a short life. I am especially sad for her husband and his situation and my heart goes out to him, to his family and friends, to Melanie's family and friends and would like to continue to show my support any way that I can.

No comments: