Friday, May 29, 2009

Peace Om and Melanie

Bright, funny, HONEST, creative, always Inclusive, forthright, Brave...she had a a beautiful form that moved with grace, contagious laughter and a gorgeous voice. Sometimes I would listen to her voicemails more than once. "Hi, this is MELL - a - nee". I watched her work at Jyoti ---She was sometimes a shrink, sometimes a doctor, sometimes a comedian, depending on what the client needed. I never knew how she could wear so many hats. It just came naturally to her.

She loved Jyoti, she loved Mattea, she loved people. She did things her way in her own terms. She lived her life with a lot of Zest!
She is a front page story. I am so very proud of her. It gives me comfort to know that everyone now knows what kind of special person she is. I don't think she ever got the kind of credit she deserved in this life.

I had a dream about her last night. "hi, Linda" I turned around to see this amazing white light it blinded me and I had to squint. Finally, I could make out the side of her face and form in the light. I thought, "She is Jyoti". Jyoti means light, but my Indian friend tells me it is much more than this... it is a very special light, the light that comes from your heart. I ran to her and exclaimed, "Jesus, Melanie, I think YOU deserve a standing ovation!" and I do.

Linda

No comments: