Monday, June 15, 2009

From Ashley Keeler

Hey Alex,
It's been a while. How have you been? I couldn’t figure out that sign up process for Mel's blog spot, so I was hoping you could post something for me.

I met Melanie 5 years ago when a mutual friend told me that she needed a new assistant at Jyoti.  When I first walked into the studio, she greeted me with that amazing smile and I felt right at home. That's what Melanie did. She made everyone feel good. I worked at Jyoti for two more years, and Melanie and I became very close.  Every day we would tell each other stories and give each other advice, and every day I looked forward to seeing her.  We grew to have a relationship that was more than boss and employee, but friends.  Melanie was like another big sister to me.  She helped me out when I needed anything, she would call me throughout the night with funny stories and send texts about our millions of jokes.
Even after I worked at Jyoti, Mel and I stayed in touch. We would hang out at her house, go out for lunch, dinner, or drinks. I always had a good time with her.
I'm going to miss everything about her, picking up the phone to her laughing about something that just happened, going on walks with her and Lucy, hearing her advice about anything and everything, seeing her smile, and getting those big bear hugs every time I left her.
I know that Melanie is smiling down on everyone of us, and her and Lucy are on an eternal walk in the woods (their favorite thing to do!) and I know that Melanie is sending me signs every day. I will love her always and the imprint she made on my heart will never go away.

Ashley
 

No comments: